Beware of food poisoning at home in spring

For half a month of fine and sunny weather, the temperature in Nanjing has become warmer, reaching 16 ° C in recent days. Some vegetables and fruits that were originally non-toxic or very low-toxic will turn into toxic or highly toxic foods. Part of the spoiled fruits and vegetables are processed, transformed, or sold to the public. The Municipal Health Supervision Institute urges the general public to pay attention when purchasing and eating at home to avoid food poisoning caused by accidental eating.

Cross sections of normal sugarcane are white and tasteless. After being contaminated by fungi and mildewing, the texture of sugarcane is soft, the skin is dull, the color is dark, there are acid and mildew odors, and the cross section is light yellow, light brown to dark brown, and even mildew points appear. Moldy sugar cane contains neurotoxins that damage the central nervous system of the human body. It becomes ill 2-8 hours after consumption. In severe cases, coma, respiratory failure, and death occur , and the probability of mortality and sequelae reaches 50%. The peak period of moldy sugarcane poisoning is at the beginning of each year. Once a poisoning accident occurs, patients who eat moldy sugarcane poisoning should be immediately lavaged and enema to eliminate the poison, and sent to the hospital for treatment. Special attention should be paid to eliminating brain Edema, improve cerebral blood circulation and prevent sequelae. Folk proverbs say it well: Qingming cane poisoned snakes. Also remind the public that a small number of unscrupulous merchants will sell moldy sugar cane and squeeze some pigment into fruit juice for sale, which is difficult for ordinary people to distinguish. All citizens should choose fresh sugarcane when purchasing sugarcane juice, and confirm that no mildew has occurred.

The seasoned beans are commonly known as sword beans, kidney beans. Raw green beans contain saponin and hemagglutinin. Thorough heating can destroy these two toxic substances. If not heated thoroughly, toxin retention can easily lead to food poisoning. It usually develops within 0.5- 5 hours after eating. It starts with upset stomach, then nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain; some patients also experience symptoms such as dizziness, headache and fever. It usually recovers in one or two days of hospitalization, and rarely sees deaths. The health supervision department reminded that green beans are a kind of vegetables that can be eaten in all seasons. Therefore, poisoning of green beans will happen all year round. Proper cooking is fully heated and thoroughly cooked, so that the bean sticks are changed from support to weak, the color is changed from bright green to dark green, and there is no bean smell. Some people like to boil with boiling water before cooking, then fry in a frying pa n. If the heating is not completed twice, the requirements for cooking, cooking, and discoloration will not be achieved. Failure to break down the toxins and cause food Poisoning. Consumers should also have a sense of self-protection when dining out. If they find that the green beans in the table are bright green, they should first take a sip, and they can safely eat it when there is no odor such as stinky green.

Because of the different regions, lentils are also called kidney beans, kidney beans, jack peas, and green beans. They are vegetables that people generally eat. Lentil pods contain saponin, which has a strong irritant effect on the digestive tract, can cause hemorrhagic inflammation, and have a lytic effect on red blood cells. Heating at 100 ° C for more than 30 minutes can destroy toxicity; the bean grains contain hemagglutinin, which has hemagglutination effect. If the beans are left for a long time, they can still produce a large amount of nitrite, causing degenerative hemoglobinemia. These toxins can be destroyed by continuous heating. If the lentils are not cooked thoroughly, it will cause poisoning. Generally, poisoning occurs within 1 to 5 hours after eating, and it will be several minutes sooner, and headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea will occur. The course of disease is 1 to 2 days, and the prognosis is good. Mild poisoning does not require tre atment and can recover on its own; when vomiting is severe, glucose saline and vitamin C can be dripped intravenously to promote saponin excretion and correct dehydration. Citizens choose to eat as much tender lentils as possible, because the older the lentils are, the more saponin is. Long-term lentils are not suitable for consumption. Before eating, remove the flat ends and shreds, as these areas contain the most toxins. When cooking lentils, they should be thoroughly cooked to destroy their toxins. Generally speaking, braised lentils are much safer to eat than fried lentils.

Baked potato, also known as potato, yam egg, and potato, is a vegetable commonly used in homes in China. Many farmers store some in their homes and eat as they please. A little longer, green shoots will grow on the surface of the potatoes. Potatoes are rich in nutrition, but contain solanine, but immature potatoes and germinated potatoes have higher solanine, which is very easy to poison after eating. Consumption of 0.2 grams to 0.4 grams can cause poisoning, which can be caused within 10 minutes or hours. The patient first feels itching and burning in the throat, burning in the upper abdomen, fever or pain, and has nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, etc.. In spring, there are many potatoes that are germinated, and they are not edible for potatoes that have a lot of germination and skin color. If there are fewer buds, you can dig out the buds and the surrounding part of the bud eyes. Add an appropriate amount of vinegar when cooking, cook, cook, and eat. You can also soak it in water for half an hour before cooking. Alkali to avoid poisoning. Citizens should buy the right amount, and potatoes should be properly stored to prevent germination.

Fresh daylily contains colchicine, which is non-toxic, but after entering the human body, it is oxidized to oxidized dicolchicine, which is toxic. Symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and thirst may occur, and severe cases may have bloody stool, hematuria or anuria. According to experts, colchicine is water-soluble, and must be treated before eating fresh daylily to remove colchicine. Fresh daylily can be simmered in boiling water, then fully soaked and rinsed with water, so that colchicine is dissolved in water to the maximum, and then cooked again to ensure safe consumption. Fresh daylily should not be eaten more than 50 grams at a time. If you have symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea after eating, go to the hospital as soon as possible. At the same time, you can also use simple methods to induce vomiting to reduce the absorption of toxic substances.

Spring is the season of crazy fungus in the south. Some people think that the freshly picked fungus is fresh and delicious, but experts remind everyone not to eat it immediately, because fresh fungus contains a porphyrin-type light-sensing substance, which will be distributed with blood circulation after eating. Into human epidermal cells, it can cause solar dermatitis when exposed to the sun. This toxic photo-sensing substance is also easily absorbed by the throat mucosa, causing throat edema.

Each spring, poisonous mushrooms grow vigorously, which is the season of high incidence of poisoning by poisonous mushrooms. Every year, a considerable number of people are killed or poisoned by eating wild mushrooms. The health supervision department reminds the public to cherish their lives and be vigilant against eating wild mushrooms. There are more than 700 types of edible mushrooms known in China, and most delicious species are still in the wild. At the same time, poisonous mushroom resources are also very rich, as many as 190 kinds, with Guangdong and other places having the most poisonous mushroom species. According to reports, there is no obvious difference between poisonous mushrooms and edible mushrooms. It is difficult to identify only with the naked eye, and it is easy to cause major food poisoning due to accidental eating. The symptoms of poisoning by poisoning mushrooms are serious and the mortality is extremely high. The clinical symptoms of poisonous mushroom poisoning are divided into five types: gastroenteritis, neuropsychiatric, hemolytic, organ damage, and solar dermatitis.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *