In the spring, many companies start thinking about where to hold their annual corporate retreat- an opportunity to review the core values of what makes a company successful; to explore its mission and examine challenges and opportunities for the future. This year, I chose my company to have sort of a ‘hybrid’ type of retreat: one packed full of activities for my colleagues to get to know each other more, kick it back from the office a bit, while being productive.
These days, it’s hard to find locations for retreats that offer opportunities for quiet, uninterrupted work to further company ideas, get work done outside of the box so to speak. We took my company and certain departments to a corporate retreat in the South Lake Tahoe region. Situated right off Lake Tahoe BLVD, the main highway, it’s easy to get to and easy to get home from – but most importantly, it offers a peaceful space where we contemplated strategic issues at ease.
The rooms we chose overlook the lake and the white-sandy beaches, with little noise at night due to the noise restrictions recently set by the state. Most of the hotels are lined on the beach, and most of the hotels offer conference rooms. Luckily, a conference room in South Lake Tahoe is not the same as a conference room in a city; it overlooks the lake with giant windows! Quite serene.
Everything went better than expected.
In the mornings, the pink sunsets greeted our eyes our company began a “yoga on the beach” initiative, to get the energy flowing for a soon to become very successful weekend. At around 8:30 a.m, we met for breakfast, which is continental and quite tasty. Then, an ordinary meeting was set until noon time, and then every one had an hour of free time, to either hit the town (with plenty of restaurants to choose from), or eat at the hotel.
There are many things to do during two hour break I gave on the last day for the new members to get to know each other , it really depends on what type of activities you are game for. As you know, corporate retreats help to strengthen a team and thus enhance effectiveness by giving its members time for more than just a meet or great. I was able to set up a team fly-fishing event, as most of the the hotels have its own marina on South Lake Tahoe. After all, a regular dedicated time spent at a corporate retreat is, in my opinion, considered essential.
The afternoon spent fly-fishing was phenomenal and was the best way out of the 3 days we had that every one got to know each other very well. It’s always nice to get out of a board-room meeting environment, and that’s what made our retreat in South Lake Tahoe work phenomenally – the chance to interact with nature made it a stress-free experience that brought out a lot of great ideas.
In the realm of small business, there are few as lucrative as contracting. In fact, six of the top ten fastest-growing industries among small businesses are considered construction or contracting businesses. If you’re looking to break off on your own and start your own business, there are some helpful tips that can make your life a lot easier in the long run. By following these steps, you can make your business thrive in ways you never imagined.
Bonding, Licensing, and Insuring
Perhaps more important than anything in the process of starting a business is to make sure that you’re secure. In order to do so, you’ll need to be bonded, licensed, and insured in ways that make your contracting business safe to perform work. Here are some reasons why you need to have these done beforehand:
- Bonds - Traditionally, all construction businesses need to have construction bonds to operate in a legal manner. A bond is arranged to pay your client should you be unable to fulfill the needs of a contract. Bond regulations can change depending on the state that you’re doing work in, so each state’s requirements should be articulated through a reputable agent.
- Licensing - While it’s needed to have a general business license, it’s also crucial for most contracting businesses to have specific licenses to function. A tradesman license accomplishes many different categories of construction and contracting, and you can obtain one through the state business license office.
- Insurance - Depending on your unique situation, you may need several different types of business insurance. Working alone or with employees drastically changes this list, as you will need general liability, and vehicle and property insurance. Each state also has its own requirements, so it’s important and necessary to look at those before opening your doors.
Develop a Plan
Let’s say you run the business from your home, and you’ve got employees that come through on a regular basis. Wherever you may do work, the need for a safe workplace is integral to the operation of a small business. It is therefore very important that you, as the business owner, familiarize yourself with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and determine what you need to do in order to make your workplace free of hazards.
Businesses should be safe and compliant, and by having this in place, you can make your workforce grow and be happy, which ultimately leads to more work for you and your company.
Find a Mentor
The last bit of advice we have for you is to seek out a professional or a company that provides small business assistance. While you may think it’s possible to go alone in your dream, there are others who have been in your shoes for much longer, and they can help you to understand the intricacies of the planning process and how to get started. There are workshops and other mentoring opportunities out there that can really show you something pertaining to your business that you never thought possible. Don’t let the most important dream of yours be undermined with poor preparation; seek out professionals, know your plan, and get that business off the ground.
Fences come in a variety of forms and materials like vinyl, wood, iron, chain link or bamboo, having different characteristics that will either give you the advantage or the disadvantages. PVC fences became so popular in the industry for their great durability, affordability and versatility. They may come in different colors and textures that will suit your house exterior. This kind of fencing material does not need regular and expensive maintenance, no need for painting just to keep them from rotting and termites, a worry free product and a budget friendly option.
PVC fences and products have warranties to keep you from any weak or fake materials now that nothing is impossible to imitate. PVC fences must be recycled after fencing purposes, because they are plastic products, they may be a threat to the environment if disposed of improperly. The biggest reason why most busy homeowners choose PVC fences is because they do not require maintenance and protection. PVC fences are five times stronger than wooden fences. PVC is ideal in areas that are always experiencing bad weather conditions, because it is water and moisture proof, and heat resistant, they won’t even get affected in extreme heat.
PVC fences are lightweight, but still very strong. It is ideal fencing for animals that may sometimes playfully run around the yard and may hurt themselves once that bumped into fences. Like what has been said this require zero maintenance, cleaning these up simply with soap and water may suffice its protection from stains and dirt. Another advantage is, PVC fences don’t change or fade in color, so there is no need for you to repaint and polish them regularly. There is also no need for you to undergo any chemical treatment for your fence, so these are not chemically harmful for animals or for your family.
With the reasons above, buying PVC fencing is a lot cheaper than of any materials, making you save money in the long run avoiding maintenance and repairs. They are economically friendly, get rid of paints and polishes, all you have to do is to install them and you are done. You may plant whatever you like without being afraid of exposing your fence to your water when gardening, and may give you a lot of space for doing your landscaping for this does not require a gap between fences and the plants.
The installation process is something that you can learn from online research. With the proper materials, you can have a beautiful, strong, and affordable fence that will last for decades..
Sometimes it’s difficult to determine if your parents need help in their old age. If you are not with them every day but just visit them occasionally, you may not be able to see signs that may signal that they need your help. Fort Lauderdale home health agencies have a short list of certain signs that may seem common but nevertheless signal that alzheimers or dementia may be approaching. If you notice these signs, it is advisable that you bring your parents to a qualified health professional for further evaluation. Some of the top 10 common signs are enumerated below:
- They allow spoiled food to remain on the table and not in the garbage. This is a common but often misinterpreted sign according to Fort Lauderdale home health agencies. When you notice that there is spoiled food on the table whenever you drop by to visit, take note that something is not right. You may need to bring your parents to the doctor for a thorough medical checkup.
- They start missing important appointments. When your parents start missing those important appointments, it is a red flag. Something is definitely wrong with their mental and bodily function. They either have become forgetful or they are just simply tired and may need medical attention. Oftentimes it is caused by lack of nutrients from their present diet. A dietary supplement and/or a good nutritional program can help them improve their health.
- They have unexplained bruises on the body. This is something unusual. When you ask your parents where they got those bruises and they give you a blank stare, then you can be sure that something is not right. Again, an appointment with a qualified medical professional is highly advised. You need to ascertain the present mental and physical condition of your parents.
- They have trouble getting up from a seated position. This is definitely a very clear sign that they need help. When your parents have trouble getting up, it may be a signal of a deeper problem. Since you cannot see everything with your naked eye, a medical check-up is highly advised.
- They have difficulty with walking, balance and mobility. This is related to the problem that was just mentioned.
- They now have uncertainty and confusion when performing tasks they were familiar with. If your parent were used to routine tasks in the house before and all of a sudden they have difficulty doing it and seem confused, then you must bring them immediately for medical care. It can be a sign that something is about to happen.
- They are often forgetful. This again is a sign that there is a deeper problem. Forgetfulness can be caused by a number of things, including the onset of alzheimers.
- They have unpleasant body odor. Again a sign of a deeper problem that is not visible.
- They no longer have frequent showering and bathing. This is related to having the unpleasant smell.
- There is a strong smell of urine in the house. This can be a sign that they need to be confined as a matter of precaution, according to Fort Lauderdale home health agencies.
The terms DUI (Driving While Under the Influence) and DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) seem quite similar. In fact, the similarity in the acronyms seems to indicate that they’re similar. However, it’s a little more complicated than that. Here are some issues that will help to sort out how the two offenses are similar and different:
1. DUI and DWI are about being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
This is important to keep in mind regarding the difference between the two acronyms. First, the term “drugs” can refer to either legal or illegal drugs. Also, it’s important to note that this is related to the degree that a driver is under the influence of the substances. For drivers who are at last 21 years old, the threshold is .08%. If the alcohol or drugs in your body are above this figure, then you are intoxicated. The figure is even lower for minors, since they’re not legally able to purchase or drink alcohol to begin with.
2. DUI and DWI are used interchangeably in Florida
While this practice isn’t followed every day, it’s implemented in states with a zero-tolerance for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Florida is one of those states. While DWI is typically a more severe offense than DUI in some states, that’s not the case in Florida. Basically this means that you won’t have much leverage in the legal system if you’re convicted of a DUI. Because the state of Florida doesn’t distinguish between a DUI and DWI, it’s also impossible for a judge to reduce a DWI offense to a DUI offense.
3. Florida prefers license suspension for 2nd/3rd offense
It’s highly advisable that you avoid the situation of even needing this service. But if you do it’s important to handle the situation as well as you can. As already mentioned, Florida is one of the states with a virtual zero-tolerance about driving while under the influence For that reason it’s important to be up-to-date about everything. If you’re going to be a risk while driving on Florida’s highways, the state would prefer that you not be able to drive as all.
4. Avoid being a repeat DUI offender at all costs
To err is indeed human, and going through the unnecessary households is certainly worthwhile. The penalties for 2-4 offenses are quite high. However, if you receive a fourth DUI
As a driver in Florida, you license will actually be removed for life. And there will be no chance of receiving a hardware reinstatement.
5. The fines and prison time increase exponentially for each occurrence
This is definitely an important issue to consider, especially if you already have a DUI conviction. There’s the fact that drinking and driving is socially irresponsible. But just as importantly, being a repeat offender could create a world of trouble for you. Instead, if you do have a DUI already, take very step possible to make it your last one. If you’re careful, you can later start back at square one.